25 days until the photo shoot!
Sweatbox (step box) Circuit with Jump Rope Intervals (50 minutes)
Abs and Arms (25 minutes)
Zumba (25 minutes)
5:30am Banana and 12 almonds
8:00am ¾ cup almond milk, 1 scoop of protein (18 g), and 5 frozen strawberries
11:00am Green salad with baked chicken, red peppers, green peppers, green onions, grape tomatoes, avocado, drizzle of EVOO and Red Wine Vinegar
2:30pm Grape tomatoes, 9 almonds, 1 oz chicken breast
6:00pm 3 oz baked chicken, 1/2 cup of Crystal’s Sweet Potato Delight!, green salad (everything above minus avocado)
144 oz h20
¾ cup almond milk
How I feel:
I feel so-so. Maybe it’s the weather and the fact that it’s SNOWING again! Sigh, it is winter so I guess I shouldn’t complain.
In other news, I am trying another protein power: Organic Raw Protein made by Garden of Life. I decided to try this because the whey protein I usually use has dairy in it. I don’t experience any side effects, but I wanted to see if changing to a non-dairy protein powder would make any difference. I have enough to last about a month, so I will let you know what I think of it, in comparison to the Whey Protein I usually use. This Organic Raw Protein is dairy and gluten free. I will try this for one month (really 27 more days) and if after that, I don’t like it, I will switch back to the Whey (with dairy) that I usually use.
I am still experimenting with mix-in options. Today, I just mixed in frozen strawberries, as usual, but the strawberries alone didn’t quite hit it—still a chalky, cardboardy taste. Tomorrow I am going to add 3 frozen strawberries and half a banana and see what happens.
Here’s the description of the protein from Garden of Life:
“Offering high quality, plant-based protein plus live probiotics and enzymes, fat-soluble vitamins and nutrient Code Factors™ such as Beta-glucans, SOD, glutathione and CoQ10 for overall health and vitality,† RAW Protein provides the following benefits:
- Provides RAW organic sprouted protein and live probiotics and enzymes
- Excellent source of protein – 18 grams and 35% Daily Value
- Contains Vitamin Code RAW Food-Created Nutrients™ with their unique Code Factors™ intact, enabling natural recognition by your body
- Increases the protein content of meals – just add to food or beverages
- Suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets
- Good for those on low carbohydrate diets
- Alternative to soy and animal protein powders
- Good for those with gastrointestinal sensitivities to milk, whey, soy and other protein sources
- Easily digested – supports digestive health and function with live probiotics and protein-digesting enzymes†
- Mixes well – great in shakes, smoothies and other beverages
It’s not only what RAW Protein contains, it’s also about what it doesn’t contain – there are no fillers, no artificial flavors and no synthetic ingredients. It is gluten-free and dairy-free and contains no soy allergens.”